Easy Delicious Lasagna Soup
Easy Delicious Lasagna Soup the whole family will love.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound Ground Turkey browned and drained
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 4 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 28 ounces Crushed tomatoes, canned
- 3 cups Low sodium chicken broth divided in 1 1/2 cup amounts
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 cube Beef Bouillon equivalent of enough for 1 cup of bouillion
- 2 cups Spinach, optional
- 2 cups Noodles, preferably lasagna broken into 2 inch parts can be whatever noodles you have on hand
- 7 ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese for ricotta mixture can use fresh grated but will need to add more, use 4 Tablespoons of fresh grated parmesan.
- 4 ounces Fresh Mozzarella, torn into large pieces
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh grated parmesan to top soup, optional
Brown ground turkey, drain and set aside. You can substitute ground beef . Cook shallots in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic for 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes and seasonings from parsley to oregano. Add 1/2 of the chicken broth and simmer on low for 10 minutes (If you want to cook noodles in soup add them now and simmer time according to package) .If cooking noodles separately begin to cook them while soup simmers. After soup has simmered, add the other half of the chicken broth, add meat back and tomato paste and stir to be sure paste blends with soup. Break up a cube of beef bouillon and put into soup to let dissolve, stir while it dissolves. (You can also put a little of the soup in a cup and dissolve bouillon cube in cup and then add back to the soup.) Add balsamic vinegar and spinach(optional), salt to taste. Stir to combine just until spinach begins to wilt. Remove bay leaf from soup, pour noodles into bowl filling about 1/4 of the bowl. Pour soup over noodles, top with ricotta and parmesan mixture and mozzarella, grated fresh parmesan over soup and serve.
Toppings: Mix ricotta and parmesan(can be either freshly grated or pre-packaged and shredded), set aside for topping. Tear mozzarella into pieces to put on top of soup. Grate fresh parmesan over each bowl.